Classrooms with this style switcher
Newhouse 1: 212
Newhouse 2: 340, 345, 350, 355
Teaching Station: Extron Touch Screen (White Background)
In this video we take you through the basic process of operating teaching stations with the Extron Touch Screen switcher with the white background.
- Turn on the projector by pressing the “System Power” button on the touch screen. The projector will take 30 seconds to one minute to turn on. After 10 seconds or so, you can begin to select your source.
- Choose the source you wish to display by pushing the corresponding button along the top of the touch screen . Teaching stations with this style touch screen all have the following sources: Local Mac, Local PC HDMI Port, VGA Laptop, Document Camera, Blu Ray, and Aux Video. Some rooms have special equipment available like DVD/VCR players.
- After selecting some sources, the touch screen may reveal controls for operating the device.
- The volume control for all sources is located at the bottom of the touch screen. Volume can be controlled by either the large knob or the buttons to the right and left of the level meter.
- To hide the image on the projector, first press the “Projector Controls“ button on the bottom right of the touch screen. This will open the Projector Controls panel. Under Picture Mute, Pressing the “On” button will black out the projector. Press “Off” to go back to projecting your source. Press “Close to leave this panel.
- At the end of your class, please turnoff the projector by pushing the “System Off” button. The projector will shut down over a minute or two.
- If you are connecting a Laptop or an auxiliary video and audio source, use the input ports on the teaching station. Please note cables and adapters are not provided at the teaching station. You are required to bring your own HDMI, VGA or RCA cable to connect to the teaching station.
If you have any problems with the teaching station, please send an email to email@example.com or call 315-443-2436 to report the problem.