Classrooms with this style switcher:
Newhouse 1: 101, 102, 212, 406, 409
Newhouse 2: 340, 345, 350, 355, 469
Newhouse 3: 141, 250, 251
Teaching Station: Extron Touch Screen
In this video we take you through the basic process of operating teaching stations with the Extron Touch Screen switcher.
- Turn on the projector by pressing the button with the Power symbol on the touch screen. The projector will take 30 seconds to one minute to turn on. After 30 seconds or so, you can begin to select your source.
- Choose the source you wish to display by pushing the corresponding button along the top of the touch screen . Teaching stations with this style touch screen all have the following sources: Document Camera, Mac, Blu-ray, HDMI, PC, and Air Play. Some rooms have special equipment available.
- After selecting some sources, the touch screen may reveal controls for operating the device.
- To hide the image on the projector, under “Display” on the left side of the touch screen, press the “Off” or “Mute” button. This will black out the projector. Press “On” to go back to projecting your source.
- The volume control for all sources is located on the right of the touch screen. Volume can be controlled by the buttons to the left of the level meter.
- At the end of your class, please turnoff the projector by pushing the “System Off” button. You will be prompted with a message to turn the system off, press “Power Down” to turn off the system. The projector will shut down over a minute or two.
- If you are connecting a Laptop or an auxiliary video and audio source via HDMI, use the cable provided on the teaching station. Please note adapters are not provided at the teaching station. If your computer requires an adapter to connect to HDMI, you are required to bring your own adapter.
If you have any problems with the teaching station, please send an email to email@example.com or call 315-443-2436 to report the problem.